The 25th year of the Kerstbierfestival in Essen, Belgium was held December 14 & 15, 2019. This is the premier Christmas beer festival featuring an amazing 230 Christmas beers. You can see the full list here.
The festival attracts Christmas beer fan from around the world. This year there were 27 nationalities including from 19 different US States and 2 Canadian provinces. Those attending voted on their favorites and here’s the list.
2019 Kerstbierfestival Top 10
The 10 favorite Christmas beers from the 2019 Belgian Christmas beer festival contain both favorites and new entries. The list begins with the beer name, the brewery, their location, and the movement on the list relative to the 2018 Top 10 list. Click the links to read out review.
- Schuppenboer Winter 2019 (Het Nest, Oud-Turnhout) same
- Black Pudding (Vleesmeester Brewery, Edegem) +1
- Stille Nacht (De Dolle Brouwers, Esen) -1
- Samhain (CyDraLe, Zandvliet) new
- Stille Nacht Reserva 2015 (De Dolle Brouwers, Esen) new
- Gouden Carolus Christmas (Het Anker, Mechelen) new
- Sint Bernardus Christmas Ale (Sint Bernardus, Watou) same
- Zilverkerst (HillDevils, Wouwse Plantage, NL) new
- Let the stars begin to fall (White Pony, Padua, IT) new
- My Honningkage is Bigger Than Yours Bourbon Ed. (To Øl, Kopenhagen, DK) new
The festival will be back in 2020 on December 12 & 13. Be sure to buy your tickets ahead of time in August or you won’t get into this popular event.